Thursday, July 14, 2011

Knitting Update

My husband has the camera and won't be back til late tomorrow, so no pics for you. But here's what I've been working on:
  • This dress. I even knit it in a very similar color. I used Babyboo from my LYS. I absolutely adore this little dress and I can't wait to put it on my baby!! It's so soft and cute. I used almost 3 skeins of Babyboo and knit it on size 2 needles.
  • This shawlette in KnitPicks Gloss DK in Fairytale, which is a gorgeous raspberry color. I love this thing too. I blocked it Tuesday night and it is fabulous. My 5-year-old daughter says she wants one too. She says that about everything I make for myself. I just tell her, When you're older. This took 2 skeins of Gloss DK and was knit on size 7 needles. Btw, Gloss DK seems more like a light worsted to me. Who's with me?
  • Various washcloths. I made a couple for my friend of yarn that she bought for that purpose. Now I'm working on one for baby.
I'm debating whether to buy this pattern and whip up a couple tunics, one for baby & one for my cousin's baby who is due 3 days after mine. Of course, I wouldn't be embroidering precious sheep on mine. That's just not going to happen.

I'm also planning on making at least a couple pairs of booties before baby arrives. Unfortunately I still have five weeks. Should be enough for all of this.

No comments: