Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Updates

  • The Pinkerton Shawl is done! I just need to block it. I love it. It was boring, but now that it's done, I love it. And it's small enough to wrap around my neck as a scarfy little thing. Though...I don't know what happened...the pattern said 800 yds of yarn. So I bought two skeins of Malabrigo Sock for a total of 880 yds. But I only used one skein! I even had a teensy bit left over from the first skein. My shawl is a little smaller than the measurements (I mean, why on earth would I ever check gauge?! Ha ha) but it's not that much smaller! But hey, whatev. Now I have a pretty purple skein of Malabrigo Sock to find something to do with.
  • I've joined two KALs: the luvinthemommyhood Cozy Cowl knitalong and the Anthropologie Cables Crazy KAL. For the Cozy Cowl, I'm making the Bandana Cowl, and for the Cables Crazy, I'm making the Shadow Tuque.
  • I finished my first cowl. I made the Darkside Cowl using some Mericash I picked up at the LYS on clearance. I like it. I'm going to make a bunch of cowls, some that are looser than this one. It's fairly close fitting.




Soft, pretty & warm.

No comments: